Saturday, January 12, 2008

Sanctuary

May I present... the new bedroom (sunglasses may be required)



My camera can't seem to handle the colors we've got going on in our new room. It's got the richness down, but seems to have gone to town with the saturation. Believe me, it's almost this vibrant. The "almost" is key. I admit, it's not a room where someone would walk in and say, "How... subtle". Beige, it ain't. But neither is it quite as eye poppin' contrasty as this looks. I use Photoshop all day for work, many hours at a time. And I just couldn't force it to make the photo colors match reality. This next picture is closest, if a bit dark. (and yes, the lens on my camera was spotty as hell... but I'm not quite sitty-uppy enough this week to retake it, so I'm going to pretend it's fine)




Still, it's a long way from the original dirty pinkish beige carpet, white popcorn ceiling, and white white white walls. BTW, the doors haven't been painted yet, so we've got the one you can see above covered temporarily with a curtain.

2 Comments:

At 7:10 PM, January 20, 2008, Blogger Calamity Jen said...

Gorgeous!

 
At 9:06 PM, January 22, 2008, Blogger panda said...

Thank you! It really looks much better in person, in terms of the colors not being so extremely opposite. Also, the wood tones hold their own much more, so the colors aren't as overwhelming as they seem in the photos.

And it's new enough that we're keeping it really clean. Nice to have one room in the house not screaming for attention.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home