Friday, January 02, 2009

Tis The Season...

... to FINALLY finish the last of the hand knit Christmas gifts.

I know handcrafted/homemade gifts can be a bone of contention in some families. Those who do not like them insist it's cheap. Those who do insist it's a gift of love that transcends the humble ingredients.

As for me, it's my way of saying, "we care more about you than our current financial situation would indicate".


I'm just so relieved I'm finally done.


And my family is probably just as relieved that this year's gifts are considerably less lumpy than last year's gifts.


... although I couldn't resist at least one "not your grandma's knitting" design for my niece.

Yo Ho Ho, Merrrrry Christmas me hearties!

3 Comments:

At 8:54 AM, January 04, 2009, Blogger Calamity Jen said...

Nice work! I can barely tie my shoelaces, so knitting is out of the question for me. I admire people like yourself who have such excellent fine-motor skills.

 
At 6:26 PM, January 04, 2009, Blogger panda said...

I'm from the "third time's the charm" school of knitting.

First attempt: Is it supposed to look like that?

Second attempt: Ummmm. I don't think it's supposed to look like that.

Third attempt: Oh! So THAT's what it's supposed to look like.

Luckily knitting gives me LOTS of do-overs!

 
At 8:45 PM, November 22, 2010, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi, I'm a random person searching the interwebz for kitting patterns, and google image search gave me the beautiful scarf show in this post. I was wondering if there's a pettern for this, of if it's your own pattern? I noticed the fingerless gloves form Knitty.com (LOVE that pattern!)

Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home